ATO Community

Re: Child Support

Ask a question

Views 76

Replies 3

Can someone please explain how within one day of my tax being lodge my child support deductions can be changed yet after 30 days my return is still being processed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Master

Replies 2

Not really as we can’t see your account, but it is standard that as your tax return processes it will go to other government departments first to cross check information and potentially pay off debts with that agency before finalising. Your final return can take up to 30 days to process and be considered in normal processing standards. If it is over that I would check on the progress on myGov. 

3 REPLIES 3

Best answer

Master

Replies 2

Not really as we can’t see your account, but it is standard that as your tax return processes it will go to other government departments first to cross check information and potentially pay off debts with that agency before finalising. Your final return can take up to 30 days to process and be considered in normal processing standards. If it is over that I would check on the progress on myGov. 

Highlighted

Anonymous

Replies 1

@wonka5 

Are you an ATO employee ....    only asking because you state .... " ..... we can't see your account ""

Master

Replies 0

@Anonymous 

I meant we in the community can’t see your account...... I guess anyone reading it can’t see it. Maybe if I worked there I could see the account though

Top Solution Authors