Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Company car used by Defacto Director

Enthusiast

Views 325

Replies 1

Hi there,

The company has bought a car and it has been provided to the defacto director i.e. the partner of the director to use 50% for work and 50% for leisure.

My understanding that company can only claim 50% of the value of the car to write off in books and luxury car tax is non-deductible.

Question - Do I need to ask the director to give a declaration that the private use of the car is 50% under some format. Please advise.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @TAXLEARNING

There are a variety of ways you can establish the business deduction whether that be a logbook or diary. See our information at Separate private from business use for the detail how and what records to keep.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @TAXLEARNING

There are a variety of ways you can establish the business deduction whether that be a logbook or diary. See our information at Separate private from business use for the detail how and what records to keep.