Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Dividend Tax Statement CGT

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 357

Replies 1

Hi there,

I recently got into buying shares and have recieved my first tax statement however it has me a little confused, hoping someone might be able to make things a little clearer for me.

I have only received a $46.88 distribution from this company this fin year, the distribution was not franked so no franking credits, however I'm looking for some clarity around why the amount I need to declare for CGT is $84.25, I don't fully understand the discount and other methods mentioned in the statement, where do these additional capital gains come from? has the company offset thier gains? I'm just a little confused how this all works.

I've linked below a portion of the statement excluding any personally identifying information so hopefully someone can help me understand this.

https://imgur.com/a/sPrsgya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @AussieKoala

Thanks for your post.

If you're not sure about how the amounts on your statement were calculated, we recommend that you get in touch with the issuer of the statement.

If you feel like doing some reading, you can have a look at the capital gains tax section of our website.

You may also find the following thread useful: showing managed funds distributions

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @AussieKoala

Thanks for your post.

If you're not sure about how the amounts on your statement were calculated, we recommend that you get in touch with the issuer of the statement.

If you feel like doing some reading, you can have a look at the capital gains tax section of our website.

You may also find the following thread useful: showing managed funds distributions

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR