ATO Community

Re: Do I need to do a tax return?

Ask a question

Views 80

Replies 1

Hi,

I actually have two questions to ask. First questions is, during the July - February 2018, I was recieving parenting payment partnered then my partner I split, now I am recieving parenting payment single from March - June 2019, recieving child support in May 2019, do I need to do a tax return?

The second question is for my ex, he is receiving disability pension from centrelink and has not done any work during the financial year. However he has been paying child support since May 2019. My question is, Does he have to do a tax return? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jolyn,

Welcome to our community!

We have a tool on our website that can help determine if you would need to lodge a tax return? The Do I need to lodge a tax return tool will ask a series of questions and provide advice on whether you would need to lodge a tax return.

Let us know how you go!

Thanks,

EmilyW

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jolyn,

Welcome to our community!

We have a tool on our website that can help determine if you would need to lodge a tax return? The Do I need to lodge a tax return tool will ask a series of questions and provide advice on whether you would need to lodge a tax return.

Let us know how you go!

Thanks,

EmilyW

Top Solution Authors