Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Re: Does the ATO pre-fill the Coronavirus Supplement amount received when I complete my tax return

Views 69

Replies 3

Hello, I am completing my tax return and I can see that the ATO automatically pre-fills any benefits received from Centrelink.
I am wondering if this also includes the Coronavirus Supplement?
Or do I need to include this supplement in addition to my income received?
Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Bubbles_Squeak,

The Coronavirus Supplement payment is a taxable payment, and is reported the same way as other taxable Centrelink payments.

Because of this, it will pre-fill the amount as one combined figure for your other taxable Australian Government payments and pensions (which are the labels @macfanboy is referring to at 5 and 6).

If your usual government pension is a tax-free government pension (which goes at label IT3 on the paper or tax agent form), it will pre-fill at either label 5 or 6, since the Coronavirus Supplement is taxable.

Hope this helps! Happy lodging Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@Bubbles_Squeak 

If it needed to be in the tax return it would prefill at item 5, 6 or IT3.

It is None Assesable Non-Exempt  income that is not reported and not taxed.

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Bubbles_Squeak,

The Coronavirus Supplement payment is a taxable payment, and is reported the same way as other taxable Centrelink payments.

Because of this, it will pre-fill the amount as one combined figure for your other taxable Australian Government payments and pensions (which are the labels @macfanboy is referring to at 5 and 6).

If your usual government pension is a tax-free government pension (which goes at label IT3 on the paper or tax agent form), it will pre-fill at either label 5 or 6, since the Coronavirus Supplement is taxable.

Hope this helps! Happy lodging Smiley Happy

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@BlakeATO 

Thanks for the correction

Long day etcSmiley Happy