Announcements
Read our answers to common questions about JobKeeper, Early release of super and Cash flow boost.

ATO Community

Employer did not provide PAYG

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 701

Replies 4

Hello,
1. What should I do if my employer does not provide PAYG? I do not have payslip as well, but I still receive my wages via bank account every weeks. My employer promise to provide PAYG so many times and today he said he will finish it in 2 weeks later but it will be overdue, so I can not lodge my tax this financial year. I have been working here from August 2018.
2. Can I lodge it next year? Are there any penalty applied?
3. Besides, is this illegal for my employers to provide PAYG that late?
Thank you very much.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @caothurom6,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If your employer hasn't provided you with your PAYG payment summary or Income statement on myTax, you can estimate your income using payslips, time-sheets and bank statements to lodge your tax return. You can also use our gross pay estimator to help you work it out.

If you don't lodge your tax return by the due date (31 October) you may receive a failure to lodge on time penalty, however once lodged you can apply for remission if you have a genuine reason. Your employer may also receive fines and penalties if they don't meet their reporting obligations.

Hope this helps, JodieH.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 1

@caothurom6 

1. Have you a myGov account?

If so you should be able to see how much was paid to you and how much tax was withheld under View my income statements.

Assuming your employer is enrolled in the Single Touch Payroll System.

2. You can, but the ATO may choose to impose fines and penalties.

3. They are required by law to either provide you with one or lodge via the Single Touch Payroll System.

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi ,
Thank you very much.
1. My income statement showed nothing, the same as my employment details. I provided him the TFN declaration.

2. If it was my employer’s fault that did not provide PAYG or provide late, would I still be fined? What should I do to avoid it?

3. Are there any official information of fines apply to the employers so that I can use it to talk to him?
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @caothurom6,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If your employer hasn't provided you with your PAYG payment summary or Income statement on myTax, you can estimate your income using payslips, time-sheets and bank statements to lodge your tax return. You can also use our gross pay estimator to help you work it out.

If you don't lodge your tax return by the due date (31 October) you may receive a failure to lodge on time penalty, however once lodged you can apply for remission if you have a genuine reason. Your employer may also receive fines and penalties if they don't meet their reporting obligations.

Hope this helps, JodieH.

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi @JodieH ,

Thank you for your support. It helps me a lot. I will talk to my employer for the solution.

Best regard.