Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

How can I get a mygov ATO linking code

Highlighted

Views 2912

Replies 5

I need to link the ATO to my MyGov account to get early access to my super but when I call the automated system says I cannot access that function at this time. This is an urgent situation how can I get a my gov linking code when you will not give me access?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Takker 

Thanks for getting in touch!

Check out our knowledge base article Linking your myGov account to the ATO for information on how to link your myGov account to our online services.

If you’ve tried to link and received an error message, you can head over to the troubleshooting for individuals page for a solution. 

Thanks, NicM.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Takker 

Thanks for getting in touch!

Check out our knowledge base article Linking your myGov account to the ATO for information on how to link your myGov account to our online services.

If you’ve tried to link and received an error message, you can head over to the troubleshooting for individuals page for a solution. 

Thanks, NicM.

Highlighted

Replies 0

That information is incorrect, but I have the correct answer for those looking for an answer to this. The ATO has extended hours for other enquiries but for linking codes they have reduced hours. The phone service for MyGov linking codes and other MyGov ATO issues are 10am until 2pm if you call the ATO outside of these hours currently you will get a recorded message saying that these services are currently unavailable, please try again later.
When you call to get a linking code please have several methods of identification on hand as listed on the MyGov and ATO websites and currently you can expect a long wait in the queue (I waited about 30 minutes) also have a pen and paper on hand to write down your linking code when it is provided. Good luck.
Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 0

@Takker wrote:
I need to link the ATO to my MyGov account to get early access to my super but when I call the automated system says I cannot access that function at this time. This is an urgent situation how can I get a my gov linking code when you will not give me access?

How can I get a linking code so I can link to myGov

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 1

Can I get a linking code please so I can link to myGov an Centrelink

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Takker @Lloyd77 

The easiest way to link your myGov account to the ATO is by answering a couple of questions online.

You will be asked for two of the following:

• Notice of assessment from the last five years - if you've ever used a tax agent, they may have a copy.
  • PAYG payment summary or income statement from the last two years - this comes from your employer
  • Superannuation account statement from the last five years - these usually arrive in the mail
  • Centrelink payment summary from the last two years - only related to you if you've been involved with Centrelink, but if so you can get this from Services Australia
  • Bank account - this is any bank account you've had your tax refund paid into in previous years, or earned any level of interest in. Even daily 'spendings' accounts can accrue interest.