Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: How to calculate deduction for in-house software that I develop on my own

Views 801

Replies 3

Dear team,

The ATO website says:

in-house software is computer software, or the right to use computer software that you acquire, develop or have someone else develop for your business use, not for sale.

As I understand it, being a software developer, I can develop in-house software on my own instead of having someone else develop it for my business.

Do I interpret it correctly?

If so, how do I calculte the deduction for such development of in-house software?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @anaustralian

We have been advised that we need some more information to help you with this one. Please contact our early engagement people and they will be able to assist you.

3 REPLIES 3

Replies 2

Just a note: same question goes for the software developed by me and used internally, not being part of the website (and therefore not being in-house software).

Community Moderator

Replies 0

HI @anaustralian

We will do some research on this one for you. 

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @anaustralian

We have been advised that we need some more information to help you with this one. Please contact our early engagement people and they will be able to assist you.