ATO Community

How to claim offset for contribution to spouse superonline

Views 2360

Replies 3

Hi,

I am trying to use the on-line form to lodge my tax return.

I have an offset for super contributed to my spouse's super to claim

However under the offsets heading, there is no provision to add the claim. Only Seniors an Pensions offset is available, plus the prefilled component from my super fund.

Cheers

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Enthusiast

Replies 0

on screen 3 (personalise return) you should indicate you have a spouse AND tick 'other offsets' under offsets - the option to claim this offset should then be avaliable to fill under the offsets section. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Enthusiast

Replies 0

on screen 3 (personalise return) you should indicate you have a spouse AND tick 'other offsets' under offsets - the option to claim this offset should then be avaliable to fill under the offsets section. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Gary57,

The information @smouldery has provided is correct! If you need any further assistance whilst completing your tax return you can request a live web chat when you are logged into your myTax account. This will allow an ATO officer to share screens with you and we can provide assistance in real time.

Thanks.

Replies 0

Thanks everyone for your replies. I followed the steps in reply and managed to lodge my return.

BTW I did try the on-line chat, but had difficulties in following their steps. The above steps were staright to the issue.

Regards

Gary