Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: I've already done my tax this year but forgot to add some donations I made, can I rectify this

Views 778

Replies 4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Superuser

Replies 2

Hi @Mookabird,

If you have made a mistake or need to amend your tax return, it is important you do it promptly. There are a couple of options for amending your return – going online is the quickest and easiest for you.

Request an online amendment

Online amendments are generally processed within 20 business days.

Regardless of how you lodged your original tax return you can request an online amendment.

All you need is a myGov account linked to the ATO to access our online services. If you haven't dealt with us online before you can find out more about our online services.

If you cannot request an online amendment you can still use the Request for amendment of income tax return for individuals form. Once you have completed the form, print it off and fax or post it to us with appropriate attachments.

It takes up to 50 business days to process requests made in writing.

Hope this helps!

4 REPLIES 4

Superuser

Replies 0

Hi @Mookabird,

If you have made a mistake or need to amend your tax return, it is important you do it promptly. There are a couple of options for amending your return – going online is the quickest and easiest for you.

Regardless of how you lodged your original tax return you can request an online amendment.

All you need is a myGov account linked to the ATO to access our online servicesExternal Link. If you haven't dealt with us online before you can find out more about our online services.

If you cannot request an online amendment you can still use the Request for amendment of income tax return for individuals form. Once you have completed the form, print it off and fax or post it to us with appropriate attachments.It takes up to 50 business days to process requests made in writing.

Hope this helps!

Most helpful response

Superuser

Replies 2

Hi @Mookabird,

All you need is a myGov account linked to the ATO to access our online services. If you haven't dealt with us online before you can find out more about our online services.

If you cannot request an online amendment you can still use the Request for amendment of income tax return for individuals form. Once you have completed the form, print it off and fax or post it to us with appropriate attachments.

It takes up to 50 business days to process requests made in writing.

Hope this helps!

Replies 1

Thank you so much for replying so promptly. I did as you suggested and amended my tax return straight away. I really appreciate the help you gave me.

Superuser

Replies 0

Hi @Mookabird,

No worries. Always happy to help!