Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: I was working holiday maker.

Highlighted

Views 348

Replies 1

Hi I'm trying to lodge my tax return but I'm in Japan now and I don't have Australian phone number and bank account.

So I need to lodge by paper form but I've got problem.

First the paper has blanks for phone number and EFT but I don't have them and I need to income by cheque...can I leave the blanks?

Second I don't have Australian bank account so I can't see "payment summary" so I can't fill in the Income section...how can I see it?

And do I need to another papers for lodge my tax return by paper?...I've just got "Tax return for individuals 2019"

I can't call you guys so there's so many questionsSmiley Sad

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Momomi,

Thanks for your question!

You can still lodge your tax return online. You'll need to create a new myGov account with a different email address. Once you've created your new account, you'll need to re-link to our online services so you can lodge your tax return and withdraw any superannuation you may have earned while you were here. If you don't have more than one email address, you'll need to contact myGov directly for more help.

You'll also find your payment summary through ATO online services in myGov - infact most of your information should be pre-filled in your return. You won't be able to find your payment summary with an Australian bank account.

Let us know how you go setting up a myGov account and linking to the ATO.

Thanks,
EmilyW

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Momomi,

Thanks for your question!

You can still lodge your tax return online. You'll need to create a new myGov account with a different email address. Once you've created your new account, you'll need to re-link to our online services so you can lodge your tax return and withdraw any superannuation you may have earned while you were here. If you don't have more than one email address, you'll need to contact myGov directly for more help.

You'll also find your payment summary through ATO online services in myGov - infact most of your information should be pre-filled in your return. You won't be able to find your payment summary with an Australian bank account.

Let us know how you go setting up a myGov account and linking to the ATO.

Thanks,
EmilyW