Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Income Tax 551

I'm new

Views 1571

Replies 1

Hi, 

I payed back my income tax 551, which came from a mistake, and because I had lost my payslips and end of financial year summary from a job I had worked at. Is there any way to appeal this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Poema,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you made a mistake in your income tax return which resulted in you having to pay an amount to us, you can lodge an amendment to your tax return. You can fine information in our guide to Tax Time 2018: What do I do if I made a mistake on my tax return?. However, if we amended your return from information we received from an employer, you can lodge an object.

It's recommended to phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator to provide an account explanation and you can discuss your situation further.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Poema,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you made a mistake in your income tax return which resulted in you having to pay an amount to us, you can lodge an amendment to your tax return. You can fine information in our guide to Tax Time 2018: What do I do if I made a mistake on my tax return?. However, if we amended your return from information we received from an employer, you can lodge an object.

It's recommended to phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator to provide an account explanation and you can discuss your situation further.

Thanks, JodieH.