Announcements
Halloween costumes are spooky but your tax return doesn't have to be. Don't forget to lodge this weekend!

ATO Community

Inherited Dwellings - Extensions to the two-year ownership period

Highlighted

Views 237

Replies 1

Hi there,

In order to claim for an extension on an inherited dwelling is there a form to fill in or do I  write my own letter with relevant information to the ATO Commisioner? I do believe my circumstance fits the criteria of -  unforseen medical circustance has occured for a sibling who is not only a beneficiary but also the executor of the estate. Does one letter/form suffice for all beneficaires to benefit from the extension or does each sibling need to apply indidvidually?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @RoniJohns,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you have an enquiry in relation to Inherited dwellings you can check our website. There are exemptions depending on the circumstances. In the event the information you require is not listed, you can contact us for further assistance. You may need to write in for a private ruling.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JodieR.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @RoniJohns,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you have an enquiry in relation to Inherited dwellings you can check our website. There are exemptions depending on the circumstances. In the event the information you require is not listed, you can contact us for further assistance. You may need to write in for a private ruling.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JodieR.