ATO Community

My Gov not accepting PAYG

Views 324

Replies 4

I'm trying to link the ATO to a new my gov account. The problem is it's not accepting my PAYG summary for gross income for last year. I had three employers but I assumed it's jut one PAYG gross income right? I don't have to add it up? Now it's locked me out. I know this is embarssing to admit but I'm really bad at this stuff with forms I find it so stressful I think it relates to my ADHD I'm successful at lots of things but filling out forms isn't one of them. My tax is behind could that be the reason? It's stupid but I've been trying to set up a myGov account for days ringinf my super and account for all the numbers and it now won't accept the PAYG gross amounts 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

HI @Samanthalouise 

Thanks for letting us know. In the link below there is a list of information that you can use to link your account. If you still have no success please contact us tomorrow so we can look at giving you a linking code which will allow you to access your account. .

Linking your myGov account to the ATO

Contact us

4 REPLIES 4

Community Moderator

Replies 3

Hi @Samanthalouise 

You are not alone a lot of people find this sort of thing frustrating. 

I have added a link below which has some troubleshooting information for you. It sounds like linking lockout, the good news is that you are only locked out for an hour.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with to take the stress out of this process for you. . 

Linking your my Gov account 

Replies 2

Hi! Thanks but yes it is just going to keep happening because it won't accept by payg summary as accurate . So once it's unlocked if I try and enter the details again it will lock me again. I don't understand why it won't accept my PAYG gross amours 

Replies 1

It's saying this now: 

Error message:

We cannot link Australian Taxation Office using the details you provided. Contact Australian Taxation Office for help. 

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

HI @Samanthalouise 

Thanks for letting us know. In the link below there is a list of information that you can use to link your account. If you still have no success please contact us tomorrow so we can look at giving you a linking code which will allow you to access your account. .

Linking your myGov account to the ATO

Contact us