ATO Community

Re: My employer got wrong input my PAYG status

Views 633

Replies 3

Hello there,
I'm a working holiday visa (subclass 462) holder.
My employer got wrong input my PAYG withholding status as a "PAYG withholding - individual".
Is it affected to my tax? How I can solve the problem
Thanks

FYI: they already registered as working holiday maker employer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @dendysd 

Your tax liability will be worked out once your tax return has been lodged. If your employer hasn't withheld enough tax you will incur a debt. If you are still with them you can check with them to see if they are withholding at the correct rate to avoid a debt in future.

Thanks, Ari

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @dendysd 

Your tax liability will be worked out once your tax return has been lodged. If your employer hasn't withheld enough tax you will incur a debt. If you are still with them you can check with them to see if they are withholding at the correct rate to avoid a debt in future.

Thanks, Ari

Replies 1

Do I need to fill up with holding declaration form?
https://www.ato.gov.au/assets/0/104/1328/1465/6af29992-638d-4773-8904-c3967f87e570.pdf

Thanks

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @dendysd,

Thank you for contacting us.

Once you have notified the employer about the visa status, generally they withhold adequate amount of tax from your pay. Please use the tax calculator to find out the correct amount for you - if the employer not withhold the adequate amount for you then you can submit the withholding declaration form that you have linked, yes.

Hope this helps.