Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

MygovID misspelt name

Views 991

Replies 3

I have tried to set up mygovID and mistakenly spelt my surname inccorrectly in the initial set up. Eg. My name is SMITH, but I spelt it SMOTH.

Now I can't prove my security ID because of the spelling mistake I made. I have deleted and reinstall the app several times over the last week- doesn't work. Spoken to someone on the help line- who told me I will have set up using a new/different email address. I don't want to do this! I am not great with technology and wont remember to look at a different email address for notifications.

Why can't someone verify who I am, see that it was a one letter spelling mistake and correct it for me? So much hassle to create a new email and remember it. The error code is 45056 (422) Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Good morning @Meaghan 

Thanks for contacting us with your question.

You can contact myGovID directly  to assist you with this issue. Please note, they are experiencing high call volumes resulting in longer than usual waiting times and have extended the opening hours of our support line. To assist, we have answers to the top enquiries about myGovID.

Wishing you all the best during this difficult time.

AngelaG

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Good morning @Meaghan 

Thanks for contacting us with your question.

You can contact myGovID directly  to assist you with this issue. Please note, they are experiencing high call volumes resulting in longer than usual waiting times and have extended the opening hours of our support line. To assist, we have answers to the top enquiries about myGovID.

Wishing you all the best during this difficult time.

AngelaG

Replies 1

Have already ready the infomation supplied and call the helpline. Only infomation she could provide was to register again and use a different email address. I don;t want to do that, I have difficulty enough accessing technology, let alone figuring out how to set up a new email and trying to monitor that, when I am sent emails.

Didn't think it would be this difficult? Verify who I am- you have all of my information and change the spelling mistake- which anyone could see it was fumble fingers

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Meaghan,

Thank you for your response and apologies for the delay. Hoping you have had the issue resolved. However if you are still requiring assistance you would need to contact the myGovID support line directly. If you are unable to resolve or escalate the matter you may wish to contact us to lodge a complaint.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

JodieR.