Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Nabtrade Joint Account but pre-fill only in husbands name.

Views 564

Replies 4

My husband and I set up a joint trading account with Nabtrade earlier this year but the pre-fill information in our tax returns for our share trading is only in my husbands return under the Capital Gains tax section and nothing in mine. There is only a few share trades to report and with an overall Capital loss of $300 but it wouldn't be correct to leave it all in my husbands name as half the loss is mine. Any ideas on why this has happened and how to correct it in our returns. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @Fallsy

Thank you for your question. The pre-fill information is based on what we receive from different agencies. If it is a joint account then it might be a good idea to contact Nabtrade to ask them to fix the income statement (payment summary). Once the income statement has been corrected it should pre-fill in both your names.

Thank you for contacting us and have a nice day!

4 REPLIES 4

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @Fallsy

Thank you for your question. The pre-fill information is based on what we receive from different agencies. If it is a joint account then it might be a good idea to contact Nabtrade to ask them to fix the income statement (payment summary). Once the income statement has been corrected it should pre-fill in both your names.

Thank you for contacting us and have a nice day!

Replies 2

Thanks Lisa. We just spoke to Nabtrade and apparently they can't split the information sent to the ATO but the guy is sending us an ATO link which describes how to put in the 50/50 split for the share trading. Apparently is has happened for all joint trading accounts with Nabtrade.

Do you think this sounds right or should we be pushing them to split the information they send for the Pre-fill.

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Fallsy

If any pre-fill information is incorrect you should be able to change it so your returns reflect the correct information. As long as you have the documents as proof to show us if required then you'll be fine

Ari

Replies 0

Thanks Ari 

I just split the prefilled info 50/50 between myself and my wife and included there were 2 investors in the area designated and hope that will suffice. Thanks for your help.