Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Obtaining my fathers work history

I'm new

Views 300

Replies 1

Hi, my father is in hospital and not doing well. He has been diagnosed with lung cancer caused by asbestos contact. The solicitors are asking for a detailed work history. I know his employers back to 1982 and who he first worked for starting in 1951 but there is a gap of about 20 years. Is there anyway I can find this out - I only need the business name and the dates he worked there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Unfortunately, even if you had the authority to act on behalf of your father, the ATO tax return details for the years in question would have been destroyed years ago.  Even if the ATO had microfiche of your father's details it would be confined to assessment details, and not on employer information.  

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Unfortunately, even if you had the authority to act on behalf of your father, the ATO tax return details for the years in question would have been destroyed years ago.  Even if the ATO had microfiche of your father's details it would be confined to assessment details, and not on employer information.