ATO Community

Re: Overseas Address

Ask a question

Views 2146

Replies 2

I am an Australian Citizen and I currently working overseas in Japan. I have phoned my banks and changed my residential address. Do I need to update my residential address with the ATO, and if so what is the best way to do so?

Many Thanks, Niall

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @niallMagee,

Welcome to our Community!

When you lodge an income tax return each year, the information you provide is used to update your details on file with us. However, if you wish to change your details during the financial year, you can do this:

• online, via myGov
  • by phoning us from overseas on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday (AEDT) let the operator know you're calling from overseas to request a callback. You'll need your TFN with you when you call.
  • by post, complete a Change of details for Individuals form and sending it to us.

If we need to send you any correspondence in the interim it will sent to the address we have on file, or to your myGov Inbox if you've registered an account and linked to the ATO.

Hope this helps.

2 REPLIES 2

Taxicorn

Replies 0

Unless there is a pressing need to do so then wait until you lodge your next tax return.

Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @niallMagee,

Welcome to our Community!

When you lodge an income tax return each year, the information you provide is used to update your details on file with us. However, if you wish to change your details during the financial year, you can do this:

• online, via myGov
  • by phoning us from overseas on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday (AEDT) let the operator know you're calling from overseas to request a callback. You'll need your TFN with you when you call.
  • by post, complete a Change of details for Individuals form and sending it to us.

If we need to send you any correspondence in the interim it will sent to the address we have on file, or to your myGov Inbox if you've registered an account and linked to the ATO.

Hope this helps.

Top Solution Authors