Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or Ask the Community!

ATO Community

PSI on tax return when assessed as a Personal Services Business

Initiate

Views 553

Replies 1

100% of my income is PSI and when I completing the PSI Decision Tool, I have been assessed as a Personal Services Business.

When completing my tax return on myTax, I am only able to complete the Personal Services Income section OR Business Income or Losses. If I enter an amount in the PSI section, I receive an error to remove this amount.

If I am unable to enter my income as PSI, do I enter my total income as Non-Primary Production - Other Business Income? I have to use this section also to enter my JobKeeper payments, so I cannot unselect the Business Income and Losses box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Tjdec74

Try following the instructions in this link to complete the Business and professional items. IF you are still having issues you can initiate live chat with one of our consultants from screen 3 and 4 in Mytax.

Thanks, Ari

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Tjdec74

Try following the instructions in this link to complete the Business and professional items. IF you are still having issues you can initiate live chat with one of our consultants from screen 3 and 4 in Mytax.

Thanks, Ari