Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Paying Individual tax by BPAY

I'm new

Views 178

Replies 1

I want to pay my personal tax by BPAY but I do not have PRN (Overseas resident). Can I use my TFN in the reference? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @davidmok ,

If you got a notice of assessment, I would have thought that you could put the reference no on the Notice of Assessment as the reference no when paying (don't use your TFN - you need to keep it safe to maintain identity security . An account number (for ATO ref - not bank account no)  may work as well, if you know that.

If you can't find either of those, you may consider contacting us by phone ('Individual Infoline' ph no).

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @davidmok ,

If you got a notice of assessment, I would have thought that you could put the reference no on the Notice of Assessment as the reference no when paying (don't use your TFN - you need to keep it safe to maintain identity security . An account number (for ATO ref - not bank account no)  may work as well, if you know that.

If you can't find either of those, you may consider contacting us by phone ('Individual Infoline' ph no).

Thanks,