Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Payroll did not submit my tax form

Highlighted

Views 278

Replies 2

Hello,
I work two jobs and back in June, I swapped from one to another as my primary income. I filled in the forms to claim the tax free threshold at my primary job and to not claim it anymore at my other. Payroll for my new first job didn’t update this on their system and as a result, I have not been claiming the tax free threshold on either job. This means I’ve been getting taxed at a much higher rate for 6 months at no fault of my own. What can I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

@alexandra24 @macfanboy 

alexandra,

Has the situation now been fixed?

As macfanboy says, you need to wait until after 30 June 2020, when the Payment Summaries have been finalised, to lodge your 2020 Tax Return.

Every employee should be looking at their Pay Slips and determining if the correct amount of tax has been deducted by the employer (under STP, I understand that payroll information is available on MyGov).

Duncan 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 1

@alexandra24 

You can not get refunded anything until you lodge your 2020 tax return.

Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

@alexandra24 @macfanboy 

alexandra,

Has the situation now been fixed?

As macfanboy says, you need to wait until after 30 June 2020, when the Payment Summaries have been finalised, to lodge your 2020 Tax Return.

Every employee should be looking at their Pay Slips and determining if the correct amount of tax has been deducted by the employer (under STP, I understand that payroll information is available on MyGov).

Duncan