Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Point of hire

Highlighted

Views 1001

Replies 1

I have just signed a contract for a new job. It has my point of hire as my home address. Getting to commute base involves Train and flights and over night stays. What can I claim?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @GeoffCutter

Congrats on the new contract. Check out this link for travel expenses and deductions, especially if your home is base. There may be some other things aside from travel that you can claim - refer here.

A registered tax agent can make this all much easier for you to manage - you just need to keep good records for them and be clear on the work vs private expenses. 

Cheers,

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @GeoffCutter

Congrats on the new contract. Check out this link for travel expenses and deductions, especially if your home is base. There may be some other things aside from travel that you can claim - refer here.

A registered tax agent can make this all much easier for you to manage - you just need to keep good records for them and be clear on the work vs private expenses. 

Cheers,