• 137 Online
  • 17838 Members
  • 19785 Posts

ATO Community

Professional Fees (or is it medical)

Ask a question

Views 299

Replies 1

During the year, I attended two appointments with a speech pathologist. The sessions were regarding my line of work (teaching and vocal) outlining warm up technique, ennunciation and vocal placement and I have implemented these strategies into my work practice. Are the sessions allowed to be claimed as a work related expense or do they count as a medical expense?

Thanks for your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Talytime,

Welcome to our Community!

We can help you find general information on deductions you can claim relating to work related expenses, including deductions for specific industries and occupations. However, as we don't know all the details about your situation, we can't advise if your speech therapy expense can be deducted in your return.

Contact our early engagement team to discuss your situation further - they can consider the specifics and advise how we think tax law might apply. You can request a follow up email or call back by completing our online form.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Talytime,

Welcome to our Community!

We can help you find general information on deductions you can claim relating to work related expenses, including deductions for specific industries and occupations. However, as we don't know all the details about your situation, we can't advise if your speech therapy expense can be deducted in your return.

Contact our early engagement team to discuss your situation further - they can consider the specifics and advise how we think tax law might apply. You can request a follow up email or call back by completing our online form.

Thanks.

Top Solution Authors