Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: MyGovID

Highlighted

Views 185

Replies 1

My andriod phone is 5 years old and the MyGovID app will not work on this device. Do I now need to buy a new phone just to establish a MyGovID or are there any other options? I do not want to use another persons device. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @VincentWalasek,

Yes you will need your own compatible smart device to use myGovID. Your myGovID belongs to you and cannot be shared. myGovID uses the security and identification features on your smart device to protect your identity and helps stop other people from accessing your information.

If you are using your phone for business purposes you may be able to claim this as a deduction.

Thanks, HazelC

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @VincentWalasek,

Yes you will need your own compatible smart device to use myGovID. Your myGovID belongs to you and cannot be shared. myGovID uses the security and identification features on your smart device to protect your identity and helps stop other people from accessing your information.

If you are using your phone for business purposes you may be able to claim this as a deduction.

Thanks, HazelC