Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Refund of credit balance

Highlighted

Views 414

Replies 1

I have paid an outstanding amount of tax owed shortly before completing my annual tax return.  This same amount was deducted from the refund from my tax return resulting in a net credit balance in my account.  How do I initiate a refund of this credit amount to my bank account to bring my tax account with ATO back to zero.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MarkRow,

Thanks for your question!

The credit will remain on your account until you request a manual refund, or until you lodge another tax return with a debit or credit balance.

Currently there is no way to request this refund via ATO Online Services, but if you have a tax agent they can make the request for you via Online Services for Agents or the Tax Agent portal.

Otherwise, you will need to contact us.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MarkRow,

Thanks for your question!

The credit will remain on your account until you request a manual refund, or until you lodge another tax return with a debit or credit balance.

Currently there is no way to request this refund via ATO Online Services, but if you have a tax agent they can make the request for you via Online Services for Agents or the Tax Agent portal.

Otherwise, you will need to contact us.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.