Announcements
COVID-19 update: We will publish updates on the JobKeeper payment soon. For now, check out the updated information on Treasury's website.

ATO Community

Refund of payment taken out of bank account too early after renegotiating payment plan

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 1704

Replies 2

I run a small business and have a debt repayment plan which had a payment due yesterday. I was unable to pay due to cash flow issues , so I phoned the ATO and renegotiated the payment plan pay the amount due at the end of April. However the direct debit wasn't cancelled and the funds were taken out of my business account and now my account is overdrawn, leaving the business in serious financial difficulty. Can I get the money refunded from the ATO and keep to the terms of my new payment plan as agreed with the ATO yesterday?

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @joeg,

Welcome to our Community!

Generally speaking, we need to allow for at least three business days to make any changes to a direct debit arrangement, as per the Direct debit service agreement. Its best you phone us on 13 11 42 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. Have your payment arrangement details with you when you call so the operator can access your account and discuss your options with you. Make sure you advise the operator your previous payment arrangement was a direct debt so they can take the necessary action.

Thanks, JodieH.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @joeg

Welcome to the ATO online community.

I am not sure if you have attempted to phone us in regards to this issue, If not, I'd like to  suggest you contact us on  1328 66 to discuss this issue further.

Regards, Tracey

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @joeg,

Welcome to our Community!

Generally speaking, we need to allow for at least three business days to make any changes to a direct debit arrangement, as per the Direct debit service agreement. Its best you phone us on 13 11 42 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. Have your payment arrangement details with you when you call so the operator can access your account and discuss your options with you. Make sure you advise the operator your previous payment arrangement was a direct debt so they can take the necessary action.

Thanks, JodieH.