• 138 Online
  • 15316 Members
  • 18028 Posts

ATO Community

Re: Return due although it’s been lodged

Ask a question

This conversation has been closed. Please start a new thread.

Views 1489

Replies 7

I was checking the status of my return, a day or two ago it was “balancing accounts”

Now I checked today and the main page states my lodgement is due ( a week after the initial lodgement)
And the confusing part is that I press lodge to see what’s going on and it tells me I’ve already lodged it?

Is this just a visual glitch with the app or should I call and find out what’s happened?

Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @Younganddumb @ieshat @Tracey74

When you lodged initially, you should have received a receipt number. If yes, please do not attempt to lodge again. It may take a few days for the lodgment to appear online.

I don't work in the processing area, however I'm aware that the above information is known and being looked into. The return should still be processed despite some confusion with the 'status'. In the unlikely event that the status doesn't change in a few days time, contact the ATO on 13 28 61 between 8am and 6pm Mon to Fri AEST with your TFN handy.

Hope this helps.

(ATO employee here voluntarily hoping to save a few ppl a phone call)

7 REPLIES 7

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Younganddumb

I had the same issue last night however I checked it this morning and it is back to normal again, I would say there was a system issue. I would recommend you check it today.

To check on the status of my account I use the following steps,  Tax Tab - Accounts - Summary then select Income tax 551 (Blue hyper link)

Regards, Tracey

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Hi 

Mine went from balacing account to lodge with a status of due.  I spoke to ATO three times today and have been advised that it is processsing in the background.  Apparenting according to the processing team they manually stop which throws it into a due or cancelled status to manually match and then it should be processing again.  It is apparently not stuck.  I put mine in on the 2 July and my husbands return is the same.  I have seen a few posts about this now.  Perhaps give them a call just to make sure but it sounds like it is part of the process.  Frustrating though and it is not explained anywhere.

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @Younganddumb @ieshat @Tracey74

When you lodged initially, you should have received a receipt number. If yes, please do not attempt to lodge again. It may take a few days for the lodgment to appear online.

I don't work in the processing area, however I'm aware that the above information is known and being looked into. The return should still be processed despite some confusion with the 'status'. In the unlikely event that the status doesn't change in a few days time, contact the ATO on 13 28 61 between 8am and 6pm Mon to Fri AEST with your TFN handy.

Hope this helps.

(ATO employee here voluntarily hoping to save a few ppl a phone call)

Highlighted

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Hi @Miccles

Thanks you for that, it is very stressful when you don't know what is happening and you know you have lodged it.  It was processing for a week with a lodgement number that is how I knew it was lodged.  

Hopefully they can rectify the issue and not have a status of lodge again or cancel or due as it really does cause unecessary stress for those who seem to be experiencing this issue.

Thanks again for the update

MVF
Devotee

Replies 2

The ATO are experiencing a number of system issues at the moment, for both taxation and superannuation.   They are working at resolving the issues in due course, but in the meantime you may notice some out of the ordinary events occurings like duplication of amounts as well as issues like the one you mention.   

You may even see ATO messages warning of these issues, when you go to your ATO account via myGov.

ATO phone line 13 28 61

Enthusiast

Replies 1

Hi @MVF

Can you advise where on the mygov site is advises of the issues.  I have had a look around and can't seem to find anything.  Thank you for the comment it provides a bit of reassurance.  

Thanks

MVF
Devotee

Replies 0

ATO generated messages are easy to spot when you go into your account as they appear when you open various tabs, for example if you have a Total Super Balance amount, when you go the Total Super Tab and drill down to how your TSB is composed an ATO message may appear advising of  " duplication errors".

Top Solution Authors