Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Salary Sacrifice, draw down from transition to retirement account, tax return data

Highlighted

Views 157

Replies 2

Hi, I salary sacrifice and draw down from my transition to retirement account to make my take home pay the same amount.  My question is do I have to enter that amount for the year in my tax return at 'You had income from Australian superannuation or annuity funds' ?

Thanks for any help Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Dynamo Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 1

Your employer will issue either a payment summary or income statement for 30 June 2020.

Your superannuation fund will also issue a payment summary for 30 June 2020 for your superannuation income stream.  You will want to wait for the statement as there will be tax withheld and perhaps taxed elements and untaxed elements.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Dynamo Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 1

Your employer will issue either a payment summary or income statement for 30 June 2020.

Your superannuation fund will also issue a payment summary for 30 June 2020 for your superannuation income stream.  You will want to wait for the statement as there will be tax withheld and perhaps taxed elements and untaxed elements.

Highlighted

Replies 0

Ok, thanks very much for your reply Smiley Happy