Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Re: Scholarships

Highlighted

Views 358

Replies 3

I am studying online for a teaching degree, and currently have received a scholarship towards my degree from the department of education. Do I need to declare this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MrsMac

A big welcome to our Community.

I am thinking the question - Are you a full time student enrolled at a school, college or university? - has confused you perhaps.

We would understand enrolment  can be online or otherwise. However the real question is if your study load is considered to be a full time one. Should you still not be sure see Scholarships - supporting information It allows for a private ruling application if still in doubt. Alternatively speaking to your scholarship provider can be useful also - often they are aware.

Thanks for your posts.

Warm regards

MarkA

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 1

Here is a handy tool to help you work that out.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Calculators-and-tools/Is-my-scholarship-taxable/

Highlighted

Replies 0

Thank you, I had already tried this tool but was looking for clarity around 'full time student' vs online student as I am studying via correspondence.
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MrsMac

A big welcome to our Community.

I am thinking the question - Are you a full time student enrolled at a school, college or university? - has confused you perhaps.

We would understand enrolment  can be online or otherwise. However the real question is if your study load is considered to be a full time one. Should you still not be sure see Scholarships - supporting information It allows for a private ruling application if still in doubt. Alternatively speaking to your scholarship provider can be useful also - often they are aware.

Thanks for your posts.

Warm regards

MarkA