ATO Community

Re: Should I do tax return if no income?

Views 353

Replies 1

Hello Smiley Happy
I was in Australia 2018-2019 with working holiday visa and didn’t have any income at that time. However, recently I’ve heard that I should’ve reported to ATO even though I didn’t have any income because I had TFN.

Is it still possible to report about 2018-2019 no income situation?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @Kate7,

You can use our 'Do I need to lodge a Tax Return?' tool to determine whether you need to lodge for the 2018-19 financial year. The tool will ask you a range of questions before determining a 'Yes' or 'No' outcome.

Once a 'Yes' or 'No' answer is recieved, you can lodge the income tax return either through MyTax (online) or by paper. If you recieve a 'No' answer, you will need to lodge non-lodgment advice so that we have a record of your no income situation for that year.

Hope this helps!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @Kate7,

You can use our 'Do I need to lodge a Tax Return?' tool to determine whether you need to lodge for the 2018-19 financial year. The tool will ask you a range of questions before determining a 'Yes' or 'No' outcome.

Once a 'Yes' or 'No' answer is recieved, you can lodge the income tax return either through MyTax (online) or by paper. If you recieve a 'No' answer, you will need to lodge non-lodgment advice so that we have a record of your no income situation for that year.

Hope this helps!