• 27288 Posts

ATO Community

Still getting nearly half my income taxed after providing TFN

Ask a question
Highlighted

I'm new

Views 33

Replies 2

Title basically speaks for itself, I am still getting 46~47% of my income withheld months after I provided my tax file number (assuming the issue is related to it) - I assume it's in the system (for the lack of a better term) as I am no longer getting the 'No TFN provided' notice in my pay advice document. Pretty inconvenient so I hope to get an explanation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @LordMashie,

Your employer is the one who withholds tax from your pay. It would be best to speak to somebody in payroll to see what is going on.

It may be that you may not have claimed the tax free threshold as well which could potentially be increasing the amount of tax you pay. If that is the case you can fill out a new withholding declaration form and submit it to your employer.

Thanks, NateH

2 REPLIES 2

Devotee

Replies 0

Have you asked your employee? Its the employee who withholds the PAYG.

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @LordMashie,

Your employer is the one who withholds tax from your pay. It would be best to speak to somebody in payroll to see what is going on.

It may be that you may not have claimed the tax free threshold as well which could potentially be increasing the amount of tax you pay. If that is the case you can fill out a new withholding declaration form and submit it to your employer.

Thanks, NateH

Top Solution Authors