Announcements
Read our answers to common questions about JobKeeper, Early release of super and Cash flow boost.

ATO Community

Struggling With Investment App Details

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 266

Replies 2

Hi all,

I'm a professional individual who usually does my own tax via MyTax no trouble, but in the past year, I started using an investment app to give investing a try. Now that it is tax time, I'm struggling to fill out all the correct details using the tax statement (AMMA) provided. I'm absolutely terrified I'll miss something. So far I've filled the managed fund distributions element, but my statement suggests I need to declare details about foreign income assets (20E/M/O) however I can't for the life of me find these exact parts in the MyTax portal.

Would anyone be able to guide me in the right direction to confirm these sections, and potentially suggest if there's anything else I'm missing?

Thanks kindly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

Would anyone be able to guide me in the right direction to confirm these sections, and potentially suggest if there's anything else I'm missing?

Without actually seeing the statement that would be difficult.

ITEM 20 = Foreign income, just fill in the details as per the statement, you probably also have to answer the question about assets over $50,000.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

Without actually seeing the statement that would be difficult.

ITEM 20 = Foreign income, just fill in the details as per the statement, you probably also have to answer the question about assets over $50,000.

Highlighted

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @mddd,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you're using myTax, you can connect with an officer in real time by selecting the 'Live chat' option to the right of the screen when in section 3 and 4 and they officer may be able to direct you further.

The AMMA statement 2019 tax return information may also provide some assistance.

Thanks, JodieH.