Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Studying/working in Australia after i have claimed my taxes back long time ago

Initiate

Views 1049

Replies 4

Hi!

I have used my 2 WHV and claimed the taxes back.

That was 7 years ago.

Now i am planning to go back and study(and hopefully find a job and move there permanently,but i will see).

So my question is,do i need to pay these taxes back if i decide to study in Australia?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

The only way you will need to pay anything to the Tax Office if you return is if you have an outstanding debt or you owe them money. You do not need to payback any tax or super you claimed back 7 years ago.
4 REPLIES 4

Devotee

Replies 3

I'm not sure what WHV is? If you give me more details I would be happy to help!

Initiate

Replies 2

Is Working Holiday Visa
(:

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

The only way you will need to pay anything to the Tax Office if you return is if you have an outstanding debt or you owe them money. You do not need to payback any tax or super you claimed back 7 years ago.

Initiate

Replies 0

Ok understood!
I don’t know why i have read posts online ,where is says that i should give them my taxes back..is there an explanation for this?I’m confused!
In any case if you are sure about this,you have lifted a weight from me,thank you so much!