Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: Tax Amendment - 2017 - 2018

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 1035

Replies 3

Hi There,

I asked a question few months ago about getting charged for Medicare even though I am not eligible for medicare due to being a temporary resident. Since I was charged and I asked the people here how to go forth to get a refund,

most of you recommedned me to apply first for medicare exemption which i did and received a letter from Human Service - Medicare - that confirmed i am not entitled to Medicare benefist for 01 July 2017 to 30 June 2018.

Then I did the Tax Amendmant on the ATO site and this was in May of this year and until now I have received no response. When I check the update of my Amendmant on the ATO site, all it says is "Draft Exists". I am not sure what that even means. Tried calling them but the line says too many people waiting and i get disconnected.

Anyone can help me in this as all i am trying to do is get the money charged to me for using a service (Medicare) that i am not entitled to use in the first place as I am using a private health insurance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Enthusiast

Replies 1

Hi @atooz

Draft exists means you haven't actually submitted the amendment.

Select the draft amendment and make the changes (full year exemption: category 3 not entitled to Medicare benefits) to the Medicare Levy section and go the bottom of the page and select calculate tax estimate. From there tick the box declaring the information is correct and press submit.

If you get stuck on any section on the amendment there is a help menu on the right hand side.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Enthusiast

Replies 1

Hi @atooz

Draft exists means you haven't actually submitted the amendment.

Select the draft amendment and make the changes (full year exemption: category 3 not entitled to Medicare benefits) to the Medicare Levy section and go the bottom of the page and select calculate tax estimate. From there tick the box declaring the information is correct and press submit.

If you get stuck on any section on the amendment there is a help menu on the right hand side.
Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Thank you dear for the reply. I did as you told me and it went through. Let’s see how it goes from here. Thanks!

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @atooz,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Thanks @N_95 for advising what the status 'Draft exists' means within myTax.

We aim to process online amendments within four weeks and you can find further details about what each stage of processing means on our website.

Thanks, JodieH.