Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: Tax free threshold

Highlighted

Views 573

Replies 3

I have a full time job which I claim tax free threshold from however on the ATO it still says I’m claiming from two past employers. How do I change this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hello,

I hope you have solved this problem already! However, just to be clear, you can claim the tax free threshold from one employer at a time. You claim it when you fill out your tax file number declaration form when you start with your new employer.
If you stop working for an employer and are no longer paid by them, you do not need to stop claiming the tax free threshold from them. As you are no longer paid by them at all, this means they are not giving you any concession for the tax free threshold.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions!
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 0

What do you mean past employers?

Do you no longer work for these employers?

If so and you only have 1 full time job then yes you claim it from that employer

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MoniqueJones,

Welcome to our Community,

I am not quite sure what you are referring to, when you say ‘on the ATO it still says I’m claiming from two past employers’. Could you provide some additional information to allow us to assist you further?

Thanks, SueO

Most helpful response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hello,

I hope you have solved this problem already! However, just to be clear, you can claim the tax free threshold from one employer at a time. You claim it when you fill out your tax file number declaration form when you start with your new employer.
If you stop working for an employer and are no longer paid by them, you do not need to stop claiming the tax free threshold from them. As you are no longer paid by them at all, this means they are not giving you any concession for the tax free threshold.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions!