Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Tax on ETP

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 407

Replies 1

I finished with an employer in October 2018. I was paid a figure in line with a Deed of Release and unused entitlements. I never received anything with a breakdown of my final pay. I have looked at my income statement and have noticed that the employer has failed to pay any tax on ETP. Is this something they must pay?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @GAbshi,

Thanks for your question!

Tax on termination payments is dependent on a number of different factors, including the reason for termination, and whether or not you have reached preservation age.

Generally speaking, if you have received an ETP summary that is separate from your usual income statement, then there should have been tax withheld on the amounts.

If you feel that the income statement has not been reported correctly, then you may need to speak to your former employer for additional assistance.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @GAbshi,

Thanks for your question!

Tax on termination payments is dependent on a number of different factors, including the reason for termination, and whether or not you have reached preservation age.

Generally speaking, if you have received an ETP summary that is separate from your usual income statement, then there should have been tax withheld on the amounts.

If you feel that the income statement has not been reported correctly, then you may need to speak to your former employer for additional assistance.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.