Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

Re: Tax summary

Highlighted

Views 519

Replies 3

Hi,

I have been doing Uber as my second source of income, and until today I haven't received the Tax summary for the year 2018-2019. I have already asked them a few times when will this become available. However, they say they don't know when it will be ready. My question is: is there a specific due date for Uber to upload or send this information? Or in case they don't provide that information at all, do I get fined for not lodging my taxes on time?

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Carlavp,

Thanks for your question!

Since you are a business operating under Uber and not an employee, they don't have to comply with any PAYG Withholding requirements and issue you with an annual statement.

As per the information provided by @macfanboy, if you have received regular invoices or statements from them, you can use these as well as your bank statements and any other records in order to help you work out your total amount of earnings.

You need to make sure that you are lodging your tax return on time, even if you are waiting for information from a third party. If you need more time to organise your records, you will need to contact us and let us know.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 1

Don't you have monthly summaries?

You can use these.

Highlighted

Replies 0

Thanks so much for your help! 

Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Carlavp,

Thanks for your question!

Since you are a business operating under Uber and not an employee, they don't have to comply with any PAYG Withholding requirements and issue you with an annual statement.

As per the information provided by @macfanboy, if you have received regular invoices or statements from them, you can use these as well as your bank statements and any other records in order to help you work out your total amount of earnings.

You need to make sure that you are lodging your tax return on time, even if you are waiting for information from a third party. If you need more time to organise your records, you will need to contact us and let us know.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.