ATO Community

Re: Uber Tax lodgement (BAS)

I'm new

Views 1745

Replies 5

I am trying to do the Uber tax lodgement.
I have issues with understanding the fields.

1. G1(Total sales) - is this the total amount that Uber put in to my account for the period of lodgement that i am doing ?

2. 1A(GST on sales) - What should in put in this field.

3. 1B(GST on purchase) - i am not understanding this. please explain.

On top of that, how can i deduct the petrol and all other expenses that i used to get this total income.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Nidhin,

Welcome to our Community!

It can be confusing lodging a BAS for the first time. Check out our guide on Completing your BAS for GST which provides an explanation for each label.

If you're still unsure and as suggested by @macfanboy, you can contact a registered tax or BAS agent who can help with your first lodgment.

Thanks, JodieH.

5 REPLIES 5

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@Nidhin 

With all due respect it sounds like you are out of your comfort zone.

I would strongly sugest seeing a Tax Agent who can assist you with all of this.

Preferably you should have understood what to declare, what to claim and records to keep before you stated working for Uber.

https://www.hrblock.com.au/tax-tips/tax-tips-for-uber-drivers

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Nidhin,

Welcome to our Community!

It can be confusing lodging a BAS for the first time. Check out our guide on Completing your BAS for GST which provides an explanation for each label.

If you're still unsure and as suggested by @macfanboy, you can contact a registered tax or BAS agent who can help with your first lodgment.

Thanks, JodieH.

Replies 2

Hi have you figured out how?

Im new uber driver

I dont know what to put in G1 1A and 1B

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Vu

Check the link provided by @JodieH for assistance completing your BAS.

G1 total sales is the total gross income (before any expenses and before they take their cut).

1A GST on sales is exactly that - the GST collected on your services. Your recipient created invoices from Uber will tell you this information. It's 1/11th of your total service price.

1B GST on purchases is the GST you've paid on any business expenses you've had - things like fuel, car servicing, car detailing, and bookkeeping and so on.

This is all talked about in the link @JodieH provided for completing your BAS under step 1 and step 5.

Replies 0

Thanks