Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Re: Uber Tax lodgement (BAS)

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 514

Replies 2

I am trying to do the Uber tax lodgement.
I have issues with understanding the fields.

1. G1(Total sales) - is this the total amount that Uber put in to my account for the period of lodgement that i am doing ?

2. 1A(GST on sales) - What should in put in this field.

3. 1B(GST on purchase) - i am not understanding this. please explain.

On top of that, how can i deduct the petrol and all other expenses that i used to get this total income.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Nidhin,

Welcome to our Community!

It can be confusing lodging a BAS for the first time. Check out our guide on Completing your BAS for GST which provides an explanation for each label.

If you're still unsure and as suggested by @macfanboy, you can contact a registered tax or BAS agent who can help with your first lodgment.

Thanks, JodieH.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@Nidhin 

With all due respect it sounds like you are out of your comfort zone.

I would strongly sugest seeing a Tax Agent who can assist you with all of this.

Preferably you should have understood what to declare, what to claim and records to keep before you stated working for Uber.

https://www.hrblock.com.au/tax-tips/tax-tips-for-uber-drivers

Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Nidhin,

Welcome to our Community!

It can be confusing lodging a BAS for the first time. Check out our guide on Completing your BAS for GST which provides an explanation for each label.

If you're still unsure and as suggested by @macfanboy, you can contact a registered tax or BAS agent who can help with your first lodgment.

Thanks, JodieH.