Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Unable to link mygov to ATO because it said couldn't find my information

Highlighted

Views 415

Replies 1

I have tried to link myGov to ATO but it refused to acknowledge the information I put in. When asked my sister she told me to have an ATO account first, which I tried to find register point and it kept bringing me back to MyGov. I have the TFN, I went on to call the assist number, only to be greeted by AI and they told me the same thing: couldn't find any record.

So how do I link myGov to ATO?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @EllieBui325

Thanks for your post.

We understand how frustrating it is when these things happen. If you are entering the correct details (TFN, name and date of birth) but it is unable to find your information, you will likely need to phone us.

For more information about how to link your myGov account to the ATO, have a look at our website.

Before you do phone us, we recommend that you check out the troubleshooting for individuals online service page as you may be able to resolve the issue without calling.

If the issue remains and you do need to phone us on the individuals enquiries line, make sure you have your identification information ready, such as your TFN, driver's licence or Medicare card as we will need to establish your identity.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @EllieBui325

Thanks for your post.

We understand how frustrating it is when these things happen. If you are entering the correct details (TFN, name and date of birth) but it is unable to find your information, you will likely need to phone us.

For more information about how to link your myGov account to the ATO, have a look at our website.

Before you do phone us, we recommend that you check out the troubleshooting for individuals online service page as you may be able to resolve the issue without calling.

If the issue remains and you do need to phone us on the individuals enquiries line, make sure you have your identification information ready, such as your TFN, driver's licence or Medicare card as we will need to establish your identity.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR