Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Vanguard pre-fill is incorrect

Views 675

Replies 1

The information from my Vanguard ETFs has been pre-filled in MyTax, but it is not correct. When I compare it to the figures in the annual statement from Vanguard it is wrong for every amount.

I'm very new to this so might be missing something.

Should I use the figures that are pre-filled or should I overwrite it with the figures from the statment?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Newinvest

It depends on which figures are correct. The information that has been pre-filled in myTax is based on what has been reported to us by Vanguard. We suggest that you get in touch with them to find out what the correct figures are.

If the pre-filled figures are correct, lodge your return with those figures. If they're incorrect, you can ask Vanguard to correct their reporting to us. You also have the option of deleting the pre-filled information and manually entering the correct amounts.

For further guidance on how to use pre-fill information, go to our website.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Newinvest

It depends on which figures are correct. The information that has been pre-filled in myTax is based on what has been reported to us by Vanguard. We suggest that you get in touch with them to find out what the correct figures are.

If the pre-filled figures are correct, lodge your return with those figures. If they're incorrect, you can ask Vanguard to correct their reporting to us. You also have the option of deleting the pre-filled information and manually entering the correct amounts.

For further guidance on how to use pre-fill information, go to our website.