Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: What tax for sell house

Views 234

Replies 1

Dear Sir/Madam

1/ An Australia citizenship sell a residential house/unit , please show me what and how much all taxpayable to ATO after selling

2/ An Australia citizenship sell a investment house/unit , please show me what and how much all taxpayable to ATO after selling

Whether GST payable 

many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @pngo,

Your main residence "your home" is exempt from CGT (Capital Gains Tax) when you sell it.

In regards to the sale of an investment property and the tax implications we have information available on our website which I will link bellow for you.

It has very helpful information and there are also a few videos you can watch to help you better understand what your tax obligations will be.

Links

CGT when selling your rental property

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @pngo,

Your main residence "your home" is exempt from CGT (Capital Gains Tax) when you sell it.

In regards to the sale of an investment property and the tax implications we have information available on our website which I will link bellow for you.

It has very helpful information and there are also a few videos you can watch to help you better understand what your tax obligations will be.

Links

CGT when selling your rental property