Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: When can I expect my tax return if myGov says it's "under review"?

Highlighted

Views 13490

Replies 10

Hi,

My tax return went from balancing account to under review - been delayed, but the expected issue date is still 4th of August like before.  I just want to know what date can I expect my return to be finalised.

thanks 

GX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Sallyg88,

Thanks for posting!

Generally, it can take up to 10 business days from lodging for your return to be processed. If your return hasn't been processed within this timeframe, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. Have your TFN with you when you call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account.

You can find further information about the processing of returns in Tax Time 2018: Where’s my tax return? Explaining timeframes, ‘processed’ and ‘effective’ dates and b..., on our Community.

Thanks, JodieH.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @gx,

Thanks for getting in touch. It sounds like we need to check some extra information to help us finalise your return – for example, if we need to check details about your salary and wages from your employer.

If we need more information from you, we’ll be in touch. We may send an email or letter to ask you to provide some additional documents so we can clarify information on your return. Once we’ve received the information we need, your return will go back into processing.

We can’t guarantee it’s safe to discuss personal tax info on a public forum, so we can’t access your account to have a look and find out what’s causing the delay. If you want to check in and find out what’s happening, phone us on 13 28 61 between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Replies 2

thanks, I'll try to call later

Highlighted

Replies 1

What ever happened? My TR has gone from balancing back to under review today.
Highlighted

Replies 0

same!  went from balancing to processing over the weekend!  a bit concerning when people are needing their refunds, and I am pretty sure I am not the only one!   I actually posted a question today about this, surely it's nearly finalised as CSA have already sent me three letters (over the weekend also) regarding new assessment formula.  I'm actually confused and maybe just a little annoyed :-/

Highlighted

Replies 3

This has happened to mine last week yet my effective date has stayed the same 25-7-18 should I still expect my refund by then?
As my tax account still shows credit 6***.08
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Sallyg88,

Thanks for posting!

Generally, it can take up to 10 business days from lodging for your return to be processed. If your return hasn't been processed within this timeframe, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. Have your TFN with you when you call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account.

You can find further information about the processing of returns in Tax Time 2018: Where’s my tax return? Explaining timeframes, ‘processed’ and ‘effective’ dates and b..., on our Community.

Thanks, JodieH.

Highlighted

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

@gx @Sallyg88 @dswift @JodieH @AmandaE

The ATO receives information from employers, banks, health funds and other sources.

This information is provided on a Pre-Filling Report or pre-filled directed to a Tax Return..

An employer has until 14 August to sent Payment Summaries to the ATO.

A Bank/Health Fund may need until the end of July to provide information.

Those who lodge Tax Returns in July do take the risk that not all information has been provided to the ATO.

The ATO may well be acting in everyone's best interest by delaying a return if there is a reason to suggest not all information has been provided or indeed that the return may be incorrect. 

Duncan

Replies 0

thanks for your reply @Sallyg88 it really helped, was having similar concern.

Highlighted

Replies 1

Actually,I launch my husband application on Sunday 19 of August. But I did not get my tax refund. I applied through agency. Actually I put wrong account details .So I want to change my account details. How I can do this