Announcements
Curious about the JobMaker Hiring Credit? Have a read about who is eligible and how to register.

ATO Community

Where do I report book royalties earnt in Australia as a non-resident?

Views 1490

Replies 3

Please help this confused woman.  I am a non-resident for tax purposes and I earn royalties on a book I published 10 years ago.  The royalites are paid to me by the Australian publisher into my Australian bank account in Australian dollars.  THERE IS NO TAX WITHHELD.  Every year, I go to report these earnings somewhere and can never remember where it is supposed to go OR the ATO has changed their system so I can't figure it out.  I don't have (nor have ever had) an ABN.  The earnings are meagre but still need to be reported.  Please send your best answer!! THANKS!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 0

3 REPLIES 3

Devotee

Replies 2

How are you lodging your tax return? Are you lodging your return online through myTax?

If you are, can you select 'Other income' and then 'Royalties' in the first section of the return?

Replies 1

Hey!  Yes, lodging online but those royalties seem to be stock related (to my non-accountant, confused eyes).  I THINK I may have found a solution under supplementary income.  Thanks for your interest!

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 0