Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Re: Which part of Tax return can we add "TAXABLE PAYMENTS - DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE"?

Enthusiast

Views 385

Replies 2

Which part of Tax return can we add "TAXABLE PAYMENTS - DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @JA9,

Thanks for posting.

Usually, department of defence income is exempt however that is based on certain requirements.

If you have received a department of defence income statement that states it is taxable then yes, you must declare it.

I’m going to link you to a few pages so you can get a clearer understanding if your payment is actually taxable of not and even deductions and or expenses you may be able to claim:

And here I will provide you links for every tax return label instructions where defence income has been mentioned for some type of scenario:

If after reading through those you still need assistance, your more than welcome to reply and we will get back to you.

All the best Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @JA9,

Thanks for posting.

Usually, department of defence income is exempt however that is based on certain requirements.

If you have received a department of defence income statement that states it is taxable then yes, you must declare it.

I’m going to link you to a few pages so you can get a clearer understanding if your payment is actually taxable of not and even deductions and or expenses you may be able to claim:

And here I will provide you links for every tax return label instructions where defence income has been mentioned for some type of scenario:

If after reading through those you still need assistance, your more than welcome to reply and we will get back to you.

All the best Smiley Happy

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Thanks CasATO