Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Why have I not received refund after the stated ‘effective date’?

Views 410

Replies 5

Hi all,

I am new to all of this so please excuse me if I am missing something obvious.

I have been told (and done some research) that the quoted ‘effective date’ is when you are to receive your tax refund. I have not received mine, yet my effective date was a couple days ago - is there something wrong?

I must say, my account says I am at stage ‘In progress – balancing account‘, so thought maybe there were still more checks occurring - but the fact I have been given an effective date I am now confused.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you all for your assistance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @Bang,

In general the effective date should be the date your refund is issued to the bank. It sounds like your return is still processing.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @Bang,

In general the effective date should be the date your refund is issued to the bank. It sounds like your return is still processing.

Thank you.

Replies 3

My Tax Return States It Has Been Issued On The 16/7/21 But Still Not In My Bank Account!

Community Manager

Replies 2

Hi @JaseCepha76,

Sometimes it can take a couple of days for the bank to process the funds we send them and deposit them into your account.

Replies 1

Why Is My Current Balance Still Sitting & Haven't Been Transferred To My Bank Account 

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JaseCepha76

If the refund has left your account, but you havent received it in your bank account, no stress. It can take up to five business days to receive it, as @NateATO has said.

If the refund has not left your statement of account, this will usually happen if we don't have active bank account details on file. However, we can't look into the specifics of your situation on our public forum.

You'll need to contact us on our individual enquiries line to look more into it.