ATO Community

copy of old tax return

I'm new

Views 70

Replies 1

I have identfied that I have some old Superannuation that is being held by ASIC. In order to complete the required claim documentation then I need to submit confirmation that I am that person and I did live at that address. The issue is that the address is in NSW, and I now live in Qld and have done for the last 20 years, and also that the policy is in my maiden name. Is it possible to get a copy of a tax return from 1987/88?, to confirm that I did live at that address and and had that name at that time. I can then match that with my marriage certifcate, to confirm the name change and complete the documentation. thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Cathiemg,

Unfortunately, the oldest tax returns we have available to send out copies of are from 1990 onwards. If you would like any copies from 1990 - 2010 you'll need to contact our individuals area to have this actioned. Their number can be found on our contact us page under Individual Enquiries.

You can read more about copies of tax documents on our website.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Cathiemg,

Unfortunately, the oldest tax returns we have available to send out copies of are from 1990 onwards. If you would like any copies from 1990 - 2010 you'll need to contact our individuals area to have this actioned. Their number can be found on our contact us page under Individual Enquiries.

You can read more about copies of tax documents on our website.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.