• 116 Online
  • 23304 Members
  • 27269 Posts

ATO Community

no news of refund

Ask a question

Views 137

Replies 7

i lodged my tax return on 11/7/2019 and recieved an email on the 23/7/2019 stating that due to the part ix agreement that my return would need to be manually reviewed and that a notice of assessment would appear on my progress when finished processing the account

since then i have not heard anything and the status of my return remains on balancing account.

should i call the ATO to see where my return is? there are no government or tax debts owing. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @RTQ22,

There are a number of reasons your return could be delayed. Generally when your return is delayed there is no need to contact us, we will contact you if there is any information we need.

Thanks, @NateH

7 REPLIES 7

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @RTQ22,

There are a number of reasons your return could be delayed. Generally when your return is delayed there is no need to contact us, we will contact you if there is any information we need.

Thanks, @NateH

Replies 2

still no sign of any movement on my return, status still shows in progress balancing account does this mean no one has even looked at it yet???? It is now over 50 business days since lodgement

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 1

Hi @RTQ22,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this delay!

As per the information provided by @NateH, whenever there is a prior record of insolvency or a Part IX/X agreement, this can sometimes cause delays in the processing of your return.

This is because we need to do manual checks with external agencies, including AFSA. As this is an external check, we have limited control over the time it takes.

The status of your lodgement may have changed multiple times during the processing of the return and just because it does not appear to have changed, this does not mean that it is not progressing through our systems towards a final result.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can assist with.

Thanks,

Rachael B.

Replies 0

Thanks Rachelle should i be calling to see what is taking so long and if not how long should i wait now before there is a need to follow it up 

How do i check other than mygov for the progress status true update

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 2

Hi @RTQ22,

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, there's not really any other status updates that we can provide you with in ATO Online Services, but I usually suggest to keep an eye out on your Income Tax account, as you may see transactions appear on the account before the Notice of Assessment has issued. You can do this by navigating to Tax > Accounts > Tax Accounts > Income Tax. This will bring up your statement of account and show you the running balance.

If you're concerned about the delay, you can certainly give us a call, we're always happy to have a chat with you about your affairs! Though please bear in mind that calling us does not necessarily mean that the return will process any faster.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Rachael B.

Replies 1

Hi Rachelle thanks did what you said and it states account still has pending transactions that may affect the final balance

no DR and CR is still sitting there

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @RTQ22,

Thanks for your reply!

You may not see any updates to the account balance yet, but the note about pending transactions does indicate that your return is still processing. This is a good place for you to monitor the progress, as once the "EFT refund" transaction appears on the account it usually means that the return is almost finished processing.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.

Top Solution Authors