ATO Community

payg summary

Ask a question

I'm new

Views 141

Replies 8

I have received a payg payment summary. does this mean I owe tax? I do not work so I'm guessing I dont.

Any responses I appreciate.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @aaron12

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can use our Do I need to lodge a tax return? tool to help work out if you need to lodge a return. If you received youth allowance payments during the year and had tax withheld, you'll need lodge a return to report these amounts. If the information hasn't pre-filled in your return you can use the figures provided in the payment summary you've received.

If you lodge online you can use the 'Live chat' function when in section 3 and 4 of your return to connect with an officer who can assist you with lodging your tax return in real time.

Thanks, JodieH.

8 REPLIES 8

Taxicorn

Replies 7

@aaron11  

A PAYG Payment Summary is the total money that your earned and the total tax that you paid.

What dates are on it?

01 July 2018 to 30 June 2019?

I'm new

Replies 6

it has dates in two columns

08/05/2019 to 30/06/2019

01/07/2018 to 18/04/2019

Taxicorn

Replies 5

@aaron11 

Are you sure that it is a PAYG Payment Summary?

Is that what it is called at the top of the page or is it called an "PAYG payment summary – individual non-business" ?

Normally, if you worked there twice 01/07/2018 to 18/04/2019 and then 18/05/19 to 30/06/19 they would issues separate ones.

Replies 1

PAYG payment summary – individual non-business

I dont work, just got off youth allowance a few months ago

there is a section with taxable and the other ones saying tax exempt etc

Replies 2

im aaron11 by the way as I had issues with that account, now aaron12

Taxicorn

Replies 1

@aaron12 

Where did you get this from?

Is there anything under taxed?

Replies 0

from mygov, from centrelink. its payg payment summary individual non business. like i said, i dont work, not employed

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @aaron12

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can use our Do I need to lodge a tax return? tool to help work out if you need to lodge a return. If you received youth allowance payments during the year and had tax withheld, you'll need lodge a return to report these amounts. If the information hasn't pre-filled in your return you can use the figures provided in the payment summary you've received.

If you lodge online you can use the 'Live chat' function when in section 3 and 4 of your return to connect with an officer who can assist you with lodging your tax return in real time.

Thanks, JodieH.

Top Solution Authors